These 4 easy DIY Valentine’s Day decorations took less than 5 minutes to create and can easily be taken apart when the season is over. All materials shown in these pictures were purchased at Hobby Lobby. Feel free to use these ideas as a spring board to create decorations that fit your style. All of these decorations would look great on romantic dinner table for a Valentine’s Date at home.
#1 Heart Candle Holder
- Valentine Scatter and Fillers (hearts)
- Kitchen glass storage container
- Small mason jar
- Tea light candle (LED optional)
- Place small mason jar upside-down inside of the larger jar.
- Pour in hearts around small mason jar.
- Place candle on top of smaller mason jar and you’re done!
#2 Tulle-filled Jar
- Red tulle
- White tulle
- Any size jar
- Cut off a long piece of each color of tulle. For my jar, I cut pieces about 2 feet long.
- Lay the white tulle flat on top of the red, then bunch them up together.
- Shove the bunched up tulle into your jar and done! Add some string lights to make it a bit fancier. This one took the least amount of time.
#3 Flower Ball
- Styrofoam ball, the one pictured here is about 4 inches in diameter
- Fake flowers of your choice, I used white roses and pink peonies left over from my wedding decorations
- Cut flower stems to about 1 1/2″ long.
- Starting in the center, start sticking flowers in. Go in a circular motion around your center flower.
- For a more round look, use flowers that are the same height and push them all the way into the ball.
- Make several of these balls and place in a bowl for cute Valentine’s Day centerpiece.
#4 Tea Light Jar
- Small mason jar
- Tea light (do not use LED)
- Red food coloring
- Fill mason jar with water, leaving about 1/2″ at the top.
- Going 1 drop at a time, add red food coloring until you have arrived at the shade of pink or red that you want.
- Carefully place tea light on top and you’re done.
- Several of these placed down a table would give a romantic feel to your dining room.